- Karki S, Li M, Schoggins JW, Tian S, Rice CM, MacDonald MR. Multiple interferon stimulated genes synergize with the zinc finger antiviral protein to mediate anti-alphavirus activity. PlosONE 2012 7:e37398. Epub 2012 May 16.
- Cristea IM, Rozjabek H, Molloy KR, Karki S, White LL, Rice CM, Rout MP, Chait BT, MacDonald MR. Host factors associated with the Sindbis virus RNA-dependent RNA polymerase: role for G3BP1 and G3BP2 in virus replication. J Virol. 2010 Jul;84(13):6720-32.
- Law LM, Albin OR, Carroll JW, Jones CT, Rice CM, Macdonald MR. Identification of a dominant negative inhibitor of human zinc finger antiviral protein reveals a functional endogenous pool and critical homotypic interactions. J Virol. 2010 May;84(9):4504-12. Epub 2010 Feb 24.
- MacDonald MR, Machlin ES, Albin OR, Levy DE. The zinc finger antiviral protein acts synergistically with an interferon-induced factor for maximal activity against alphaviruses. J Virol. 2007 Dec;81:13509-18. Epub 2007 Oct 10.
- Cristea IM, Carroll JW, Rout MP, Rice CM, Chait BT, MacDonald MR. Tracking and elucidating alphavirus-host protein interactions. J Biol Chem. 2006 Oct;281:30269-78. Epub 2006 Aug 8.
- Ryman KD, Meier KC, Nangle EM, Ragsdale SL, Korneeva NL, Rhoads RE, MacDonald MR, Klimstra WB. Sindbis virus translation is inhibited by a PKR/RNase L-independent effector induced by alpha/beta interferon priming of dendritic cells. 2005 J Virol. Feb;79:1487-99.
- Guo X, Carroll JW, MacDonald MR, Goff SP, Gao G. The Zinc Finger Antiviral Protein Directly Binds to Specific Viral mRNAs through the CCCH Zinc Finger Motifs. J Virol. 2004 Dec;78:12781-7.
- Bick MJ, Carroll JW, Gao G, Goff SP, Rice CM, MacDonald MR. Expression of the zinc-finger antiviral protein inhibits alphavirus replication. J Virol. 2003 Nov;77:11555-62.
- Frolov I, Hardy R, Rice CM. Cis-acting RNA elements at the 5' end of Sindbis virus genome RNA regulate minus- and plus-strand RNA synthesis. RNA 2001 Nov;7:1638-51.